Markham, Ontario , L6C 1H8
Role and Responsibilities
1. Envisioning, vision casting and vision alignment
To lead the pastoral team, deacons and ministry leaders to discern God-inspired vision for MCBC
To align all 4 divisions to under the same vision, while accommodating diverse cultural backgrounds and languages
To cast the vision to the whole congregation and lead them to carry out the great commission
To uphold MCBC core values, congregational church environment and Baptist faith in our decision-making, planning and church development
2. Preaching and Teaching of God’s word
To preach and teach the word of God with sound doctrine yet with creativity and relevancy to the
contemporary issues and life application
To ensure that the pulpit ministry in all 4 divisions provides spiritual nourishment to the congregants and challenges them to grow spiritually
3. Spiritual leadership
To have an innovative and courageous leadership style
To develop a spiritual community model among the pastoral staff and the deacons
To encourage and empower the pastoral staff, deacons and key leaders
To ensure that an effective leadership training program for leaders is in place and functional
To ensure that an effective discipleship program is in place for different spiritual stages amongst the congregants
4. Staff Management
To provide direction and guidance to the pastoral and office staff
To ensure that all staff effectively carry out their ministry responsibilities
To conduct annual reviews in coordination with the deacons and human resources committee
To assist the pastoral hiring committee with the recruitment of pastoral staff
5. Pastoral Care
To ensure that the congregants are well cared for by different existing ministries / pastors
To be compassionate to personal needs and issues
When appropriate, to provide pastoral care for individual members or families of the congregation
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Theological education: Graduated from accredited and recognized theological seminaries.
2. Minimum qualification of M.Div. Having M.Th / D.Min / PhD is an asset.
3. Minimum 7 years pastoral experience, the applicant should have previous Chinese ministry experience and preferably in a North America multi-cultural and multiple pastoral staff team setting.
4. Having served in a Senior Pastor capacity is an asset.
5. Preferably served for 3 years after being ordained.
6. Preferably with the language skill of Cantonese or Mandarin to communicate with the pastoral staff or congregants.
1. Have matured faith in Jesus Christ and a strong commitment to serve through the local church
2. Be a team player with strong leadership skill to lead the church in unity and have the ability to accommodate the cultural differences and languages of our current ministries
3. Have strong communication skills within a large congregational church context to reach out to congregation with diverse ideas for common goals and unity in Christ
4. Have a strong gift in the areas of teaching and preaching the Word of God
5. Be energetic, resourceful and innovative in ministry and leadership development
6. Have strong interpersonal skills and be compassionate and understanding of personal issues
7. Accept the purpose, mission and doctrine of MCBC. CBOQ accredited or willing to become accredited with CBOQ
N.B. MCBC welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 2153 ]