Gloucester, Ontario , K1J 9A5
Position Title: Pastor
Classification: Full Time
Reports to: Leadership Team (Elders)
Start Date: Flexible - 2018
Pine Grove Bible Church is seeking a full-time, permanent Pastor who has a passion to lead; is able to provide God-inspired teaching that will challenge mature Christians, develop those new in their faith and make the Bible relevant to those with no faith. They should have a vision for outreach combined with a desire to position Pine Grove as a vibrant, growing, outreach-oriented, caring, family-style church in our community. They should have an engaging manner, a heart for people and able to care for those in need.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
• Master of Divinity Degree from an accredited seminary or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated capacity and passion for practical, doctrinally sound, scripture based teaching and preaching
• Experienced at training and mobilizing people for ministry
• Demonstrated capacity and enthusiasm for developing a vision and implementing it for effective outreach to our local community and beyond
• Demonstrated capacity for compassionate pastoral care
• Positive capacity for effective communication, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
• Spiritual gifts: leadership, evangelism, teaching, wisdom, shepherding.
• Exercise interpersonal skills that build relationships, encourage diversity of thought regarding solutions, and deal effectively with conflict.
• Awareness and respect for the church’s heritage and theology
• The pastor and elders make decisions by consensus (Pine Grove is an elder led church)
Approximate expected time allocation (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Sermon Preparation and Delivery – (25%). Frequency of speaking would be approximately 35 Sundays per year.
Visitation & Pastoral Care – (25%) This would be, on average, 2-5 visits per week
Outreach (25%) – To the immediate community or greater Ottawa
Admin (10%) – meetings & general office work = 4 hours/week
Web Presence (10%) – maintain some web or social media presence
City Wide Activities (5%) – Ministerium, One Way etc.
• Reports to: The Elders while being an equal member of the Elder’s
• Interacts with: The Elders, Deacons, Missions Committee;
The congregants at Pine Grove;
The community of Beacon Hill;
The Ottawa Christian community at large;
To be negotiated based on qualifications and experience but would include:
• annual paid vacation
• Health care plan
• Book/Education Allowance
• Travel Allowance
• One-time Moving Allowance
• Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
About Pine Grove Bible Church:
Pine Grove Bible Church has a welcoming, caring, loving, family oriented congregation of about 120. We are a Christian, evangelical, non-denominational church with roots in the Brethren Movement. Attributes of a Biblical church most strongly demonstrated at Pine Grove include prayer, fellowship, teaching, and worship. Our prayer is to continue to grow in these areas as well as develop and strengthen other Biblical based church attributes particularly local community, national and international missions and pastoral care.
Communicating Christ to the world through the word, worship and prayer
Our Core Value
The Great Commandment: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind. Love your neighbour as yourself (Matthew 22:37-39).
The Great Commission: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey all I have commanded you (Matthew 28:19-20).
~~Please send your covering letter and resumé to:
Pine Grove Bible Church
2144 East Acres Road
or send via E-mail to:
1. For logistical reasons we are only considering applicants from North America
2. If applying, could you please include a link (or MP3 file) from a recent sermon
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 2743 ]