Mississaga , Ontario , L4W 1E4
The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate PTR's mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the management team, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research;
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3 -5 years of relevant experience is required.
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate. biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
- A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with programs and databases specific to PTR.
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is an unpaid internship. We thank everyone for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates invited to interview with us will be contacted.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 4099 ]