Admissions Counselor, Undergraduate
Admissions Counselor, Undergraduate
Toronto, Ontario , M2M3S4
The position of Admissions Counsellor, Undergraduate exists in order to effectively recruit new students to Tyndale University College, with specific attention to be placed on communicating, developing relations and building interest with University College prospective students. The successful candidate is goal-oriented and will work closely with the other members of the Admissions Department to implement strategies and initiatives to achieve recruitment and enrollment management objectives. The primary goals are to increase the number and quality of admitted students, to increase the number of prospective students attending on-campus visits, provide information to prospective students and plan, and implement communication activities that support the enrollment efforts of the Admissions Department. This is achieved through interactions, networking, and building strong relationships with prospective students and influencers at on-campus visits, at off-site events, and through personal interactions with the Christian Community at large. The Counsellor will be responsible for a specific geographic area. While the focus will be on Undergraduate students, efforts to promote Tyndale Seminary must be taken at every possible opportunity.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Recruit well-qualified students to Tyndale University College by contacting prospective students by phone, email, and in-person visits on and off-campus to provide counselling towards undergraduate education.
- Work with student admissions representatives to follow up with prospective students. Serve as a Tyndale representative at recruitment-related events to generate inquiries.
- Assist applicants through the admission process.
- Responsible for clear and timely communication regarding the application status, admission requirements/standards, and timely processing.
- Evaluate the application and notify the applicant of the decision & post-acceptance instructions including information regarding registration, orientation, and study permit information (for international students).
- Work with applicants through to the enrollment stage is essential, with the goal of maximizing enrollment from their region
- Undergraduate college diploma or university degree
- Sales or recruiting experience
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to use data analysis for outcomes
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills with considerable experience speaking to audiences of all sizes
- Be a self-motivated, "team player" who will take responsibility for his/her actions and work
- Experience with basic office equipment and computer software
- Organized, with a high attention to detail
- Should have entrepreneurial instincts and a desire to "get the job done"
- Must have a proven record of tact, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift and carry promotional materials and equipment
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
- Tyndale University College & Seminary degree preferred, experience with theological education would be an asset
- Experience in database management
- Marketing and customer relations experience an asset
- Vehicle for travel to events
- Experience in providing leadership and supervision to others
All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 4286 ]