Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Early Childhood Assistant
Early Childhood Assistant
Markham, Ontario , L3R 6G3
Peoples Christian Academy Early Learning Centre is a Christian daycare in an established reputable school. We are looking for an Early Childhood Assistant (ECA) to work with a diverse team of RECEs, who are passionate about working with children and families and willing to take initiative and work within a team dynamic within our centre.
1. Assisting in the implemention of age appropriate programs to enhance the children’s development in the different areas of learning.
2. Participating and enhancing creativity within all areas of of the classroom – creative, sensory, dramatic play, cognitive, music, science, fine/gross motor skills.
3. Ensuring the safety and well-being of the children within the centre.
4. Nurturing working relationships with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds in our centre.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and verbal/written communication skills to ensure positive communication with parents, co-workers and community members.
6. Assisting wherever needed with staffing, ratios and other general cleaning of centre equipment.
7. Effective problem solving strategies with conflict and resolution styles while providing supervision and guidance to the children.
8. Any experience in working with children with special needs is an asset.
Each employee at PCA ELC must have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Saviour and believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living. The employee shall be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions towards others. He/she shall be a member in good standing at a local evangelical church that has a statement of faith in agreement with PCA Statement of Faith and Statement of Core Family Values. He/she shall be in wholehearted agreement with the center’s Statement of Faith and Christian philosophy of education. He/she shall have the spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to teach and guide children in accordance with the Bible.
Employees of PCA ELC must be able to observe, hear, and respond to the needs of children and emergencies or conflicts that might occur in a classroom, on the playground, and in common areas. Employees must have the ability to lift children of up to thirty pounds from the floor to waist high; to crouch to a child’s height and maintain eye contact at a child’s level; to sit on the floor; to stand tall enough to reach children on play equipment; and to determine and communicate cognitive, social, and physical needs of children orally and in writing in the English language.
1. Some knowledge of child development.
2. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Strong organizational skills, self-control, tact and sound judgment.
4. Current First Aid and CPR training – Level C.
5. Valid and current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
6. Updated immunization report including a 2-step TB test and other required immunizations.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only e-mailed applications will be accepted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Please also note that while we appreciate your interest in the role, only applicants who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 4572 ]