Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Pastor of Youth and Student Ministries
Pastor of Youth and Student Ministries
Mississauga, Ontario , L5A 2X7
The Pastor of Youth will oversee all aspects of student ministries, with a primary focus on students grade 6-12 and secondary responsibilities regarding Children Ministries and Young Adults. The candidate will also be accountable to work with parents, church leaders and the congregation of MCBC on a full-time basis to provide a Bible-based, Christ-centred environment and specific experiences:
1. that will invite young people into a dynamic and disciplined relationship with Jesus Christ;
2. that will promote, equip and integrate young people into the church family.
OVERVIEW OF CHURCH AND COMMUNITY
Mississauga City Baptist Church is a community of believers who meet to glorify and enjoy our God, to reach out to all peoples for Jesus Christ, whatever the cost, leading to the transformation of our city.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
1. A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and His church.
2. A clear understanding of youth culture and sensitivity to a multicultural community.
3. A minimum of two years experience in Youth Ministry.
4. Theological education at an accredited Bible College or Seminary.
5. A minimum of level one credentials with CBOQ, or a willingness to attain such credentials.
6. Relational style of leadership and ministry
7. Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
8. Willingness to attain first aid.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and oversee a youth ministry that includes:
- inspiring worship experiences through music and prayer.
- engaging and relevant bible study;
- small group environments for care and spiritual formation, and;
- social/recreational activities that promote safe and healthy relationships among the youth.
2. Provide pastoral care and mentoring for the students, youth, young adults and volunteers.
3. Oversee and provide support for children's ministries volunteers in the church.
4. Recruit and mentor student and adult leaders to assist in all areas of the youth ministry.
5. Provide counsel and encouragement to equip parents to teach and disciple their children.
6. Work with children’s ministry leaders to ensure an effective transition into the youth ministry
extending from childhood to young adulthood.
7. Provide support and encouragement of young people in transitioning to other ministries.
8. Promote and prepare youth and young adults for mission and service opportunities within the
church, the community , and the broader world.
9. Connect with other organizations working with young people, including local schools, sister
churches, and denominational leaders.
10. Establish, oversee and budget for youth and children ministry activities.
11. Ensure that MCBC’s core values are reflected in all aspects of the youth ministry
12. Meet with the Council of Elders, to give and receive direction.
13. Meet with the MCBC staff on a weekly basis for prayer, encouragement and coordination of
1. Work with the pastoral team in other aspects of shared ministry, according to giftedness, including preaching and worship leadership.
2. Promote a mentoring culture that connects younger and older youth and links young people
intergenerationally with adults in the congregation.
3. Encourage young adults to facilitate self-led groups.
4. Assist with administrative tasks when other members of the staff team are absent.
5. The ability to develop and adapt spiritual teaching methods working with students who may have a wide variety of mental, emotional, physical and learning disabilities.
● Hard working.
● Flexibility in scheduling.
● Understanding and effective use of technology and social media.
● A team player.
● Strong organizational skills.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 4594 ]