Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
National Church Ambassador
National Church Ambassador
Mississauga, Ontario , L5T 2Y4
Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
World Vision Canada (WVC) is seeking a National Church Ambassador to represent and enable the organization to be a leading contributor to enabling the Church and individual Christians in Canada to be catalysts for justice and change for vulnerable children and their families in developing country contexts, as we live out our Christian faith and calling with boldness and humility.
As a Christian development, relief and advocacy organization, World Vision is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
The National Church Ambassador will support this whole mission and the organization’s vision and values, with special attention to supporting and leading these aspects:
• From our mission statement: “We pursue our mission through integrated, holistic commitment to… partnerships with churches to contribute to spiritual and social transformation.”
• From our core value “We Are Partners”: “We pursue relationships with all churches and desire mutual participation in ministry.”
The National Church Ambassador will help lead WVC’s efforts to engage in transformational development of Jesus followers to be salt and light in our world, understand and help address key challenges the Church and Christians face in engaging in change for vulnerable children and families, point to opportunities for Christians to take meaningful action in response to Jesus’ call to serve those in need, as well as equipping WVC to be a valuable partner with Christian and faith movements and organizations in Canada and globally.
• Builds and enhances WVC’s reputation with national Church, Christian and other faith organizations.
• Cultivates and stewards relationships with national Church, Christian and faith leaders in support of our activities, approaches and engagement opportunities.
• Gathers, assesses, and recommends for implementation best practices for engaging the Church, Christian and other faith leaders as well as individual Christians in our work including supporting and encouraging staff confidence and skill as effective Christian ambassadors for our work.
• Implements a National Church Engagement strategy that enables WVC to achieve our Canadian and international strategic goals and priorities in engaging with the Church, Christians and other faith communities.
• Acts as a thought leader on Jesus’ message about justice, life change, and creating a caring community for vulnerable children and families; how to effectively communicate our Christian faith in our marketing, advocacy and public engagement activities; how to live out our commitments to our faith and calling with boldness and humility; and how to share our Christian faith to bring Christians and non-Christians together to contribute to our work.
• Contributes to the organization’s efforts to increase our relationships with individual churches and Christians for engagement and fundraising activities.
• Supports the spiritual nurture and devotional life of WVC staff.
• Personifies the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Jesus and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign
• Deep commitment to following Jesus and his Church and to World Vision’s mission, vision and values and to living them out.
• A degree in theological or pastoral training. Previous pastoral or ministerial experience required, ordination desirable.
• Education, experience or demonstrated expertise in international development, relief or advocacy activities in Canada or globally, especially in working with Christian or other faith-based responses to poverty.
• Minimum of 7-10 years of leadership experience (church or other) with a broad understanding of the Church in Canada and the context in which it operates.
• Proven track record of success in a role requiring extensive relationship management with a results focus.
• Established or opportunities to establish relationships with national church denominational leaders, Christian leaders, faith leaders, pastors leading large church communities.
• Superior written and oral communication skills, including the ability to preach, teach and share theological messages in a variety of Church settings, to both expert and lay audiences.
• Some experience in public relations, fundraising and/or marketing, strategic planning, budgeting and operational planning.
• Experience with effective direct or indirect leadership, team-building and working cross-functionally
• The ability to speak French or another language is an asset.
• Ability to be flexible and manage dynamic situations shown in events, change of priorities, managing church leadership expectations, and working with internal stakeholders who may have different priorities.
How to Apply:
World Vision is committed to the protection of children; all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check. Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website:
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 4603 ]