Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Toronto, Ontario , M4W 1C8
St. Paul’s Bloor Street is a vibrant Anglican church located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We are looking for a professional, outgoing, dependable and enthusiastic individual with a passion for people and a strong desire to serve, learn and grow. The Executive Assistant will provide front line service on Sundays and administrative assistance in the office. The Executive Assistant will report to the Executive Pastor and the Rector (Senior Minister).
- Act as the point of contact between the parish and external contacts by handling requests and queries appropriately for the Rector and Executive Pastor
- Manage and arrange meetings and appointments and provide reminders
- Coordinate and support Board meetings, actively following up on action plans, prepare documents in advance of meetings and take minutes at meetings
- Data entry and upkeep of the St. Paul’s database, ACS People Suite, ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Format information for internal and external communication (e.g. memos, emails, presentations) as requested
- Completes projects and special assignments as assigned
- Scheduling and managing volunteers using online volunteer database including during Sunday services
- Orienting and training new volunteers and refreshing existing ones on duties and responsibilities of the role
- Planning for volunteer recruitment and retention
And other duties as required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and networking skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate, resolve conflict and coach others
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive, energetic team player that’s able to work independently and in a team environment
- Proven ability to solve problems and provide an innovative approach to projects.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 required with a proven ability to learn and use other software applications
- Fluency with the English language – ability to speak, read and comprehend
- Database experience, specifically knowledge of ACS, would be an asset
- Willing to submit to a Police background check and comply with the policies of St. Paul’s
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of St. Paul’s
- This is a full-time position available as of January
- Hours: Sunday: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. with flexibility for occasional evenings and weekends
- Salary range: $42,000 - $47,000, plus benefits
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
St. Paul’s Bloor Street Anglican Church
227 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 1C8
Or email@example.com (If applying via email, please put “Executive Assistant” in the subject line)
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed as received. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 4605 ]