Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Full Time Children and Youth Ministry Director
Full Time Children and Youth Ministry Director
Elmira, Ontario , N3B 1G2
Emmanuel Evangelical Missionary Church (EEMC) is committed to Making Faith in Jesus Live, in Elmira, ON and throughout the world. We seek to do this through five pillars of ministry: Word. Biblical Community. Worship. Prayer. Outreach. We are prayerfully seeking someone to join us in fulfilling this mission with our Children and Youth. We are on a main street in Elmira with an elementary school on one side of the church and a high school on the other.
Dependent on God, the Children’s and Youth Ministry Director is to wholeheartedly glorify Christ by overseeing the children and youth ministries, while maintaining a spirit of love and service toward EEMC staff, congregation, and those we serve from our community, in accordance with the church’s faith and practice and vision.
This is a full time role (35 hrs/wk) with salary and benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Adhere to the Ministry Covenant of EEMC and be/become a member in good standing of EEMC
- Meet the spiritual and character qualifications as found in 1 Tim. 3, and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5.
- Sustain a vital, growing relationship with the Lord through personal and corporate worship, study of God’s Word, prayer, and regular fellowship with believers of EEMC.
- Seek to undertake duties in the power of the Holy Spirit, prayerfully, guided by the Scriptures, and manifesting the character of Christ for the glory of God.
- With loyalty first to God and His Word, support the leadership of the church, striving to maintain positive and fruitful relationships with other EEMC employees, members and leaders.
- Have the organizational and leadership skills necessary to work effectively in this ministry.
- Calling: Can articulate and confirm a sense of calling by God.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant ministry field.
- Experience: minimum 3 years of ministry experience.
- Competency: Be Spirit-gifted and led, demonstrating good leadership skills. Have good written and verbal communication skills, good organizational and time management skills, good interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and computer competence.
- Chemistry: Work well in a team setting, collaborating well with others. Work well under direct supervision or independently.
- Courage: Take Spirit-led steps of faith, willingly leaving personal comfort zones, confidently and graciously serving God ahead of people.
- Creativity: Lead with passion and ministry innovation, modeling creative and conceptual thinking and wise problem-solving skills.
- Constancy: Model reliability, follow-through, endurance, patience and perseverance. Manage stressful situations while maintaining good attitude and flexibility.
ESSENTIAL MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversee Ministry Volunteers
- Volunteer Recruiting—ensuring volunteers are biblically qualified, trustworthy and suited to EEMC’s Children and Youth Ministries’ culture, vision and priorities in accordance with recruitment policy.
- Volunteer Training and Equipping to empower and release them to serve according to their giftings
- Leadership development and encouragement
2. Oversee Student Ministries
- Oversee weekly programming, and special events to ensure 5 Pillar Disciple-Making for students
- Partner with parents
- Oversee youth-specific administrative tasks and responsibilities
- As part of a team, lead the Youth Bible teaching and instruction
- Envision ministry possibilities to the community
- Coordinate Special Student Ministries fundraising
- Oversee Student Ministries’ communications (promotions, design, etc.)
- Integrate students into the greater body through multi-generational engagement
- Offer intentional encouragement & training for students for outreach
3. Oversee Children’s Ministry
- Administrate all Children’s Programs at Emmanuel.
- Sunday morning Kid’s Church: order, deliver and coordinate curriculum; schedule volunteers; involved in teaching rotation; oversee Kid’s Check-In
- Oversee midweek children’s programs (ie. Awana, special events, and outreach opportunities)
4. Professional Development
- Ongoing training and equipping
- Involvement in weekly Staff meetings
Submit resume and cover letter to Pastor Paul Westerholm.
Emmanuel Evangelical Missionary Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4705 ]