Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors.
Lead Pastor - First Baptist Church
Lead Pastor - First Baptist Church
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan , S6V 6T4
Lead Pastor Position
First Baptist Church Prince Albert is an established church with a 2017 weekly average attendance of approximately 117 people and is affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada (CBWC). First Baptist seeks, with missional intent, to ‘reach, teach, nurture and equip people to exalt Jesus Christ as Lord’; its mission is to provide a place with Christ-centered worship, to develop servant-leaders and strengthen the community both within and without. We are seeking a Lead Pastor who will provide strong spiritual leadership, direction and input into the mission and vision of our church and community.
The Lead Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the congregational members of First Baptist Church Prince Albert. This person will serve the congregation so that it will fulfill its mission and purpose in the body of Christ. The Lead Pastor will adhere to the core values of First Baptist Church Prince Albert, as well as the CBWC and will preach, teach, and give primary leadership in the ministries through missions, evangelism, administration, stewardship, and outreach. A ‘missional’ heart is essential for this position.
Areas of Accountability
General Pastoral Responsibilities:
- Regularly preach and teach the word of God and administer the ordinances in the congregation; involvement of other pastoral staff and lay people enforces the team ministry – a core concept of the congregation
- Provide pastoral care in conjunction with the pastoral staff, support staff, boards and teams, through visitation, counseling and prayer
- Promote, support and encourage missions, evangelism, outreach, and stewardship in the life of the church and the community
- Oversee communion and visitation of those unable to attend church
- Make appropriate referrals when necessary and quickly respond to crisis situations which arise in the congregation and/or community
- Support and encourage the pastoral & support staff, Elders and FBC teams
- Provide leadership to officiate at special services such as weddings, funerals and nursing home services
- Support the CBWC and its agencies
- Represent the church and demonstrate support of The Quest at Christopher Lake through active participation and ministry
- Seek to build community in the church and discover ways to make an impact in the city for the Kingdom
- Supervise and provide mentorship to the pastoral and support staff in their ministry
- Oversee the administrative and financial details of all staff
- Attend Elder meetings as an ex-officio non-voting member and congregational meetings
- Provide direction and input into the mission and vision of First Baptist Church Prince Albert:
- Provide spiritual mentoring and leadership of Elders and Teams (current and prospective)
- Cultivate and encourage the development of both lay and professional leadership
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in theology/ministry or equivalent
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is vital and growing
- Adhere to the doctrines and vision of the church and the CBWC
- Possess strong preaching, teaching and discipleship skills
- Embrace multi-ethnic and Intergenerational ministry
- Have a solid grasp of Missional theology (culture and context is critical for community reach)
- Give evidence of healthy family relationships
- Exhibit personable and Godly characteristics
- Exhibit the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Display humility in self and boldness for Christ (Prov. 18:12)
The Lead Pastor is a full-time position. This position requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The Lead Pastor will be expected to devote a responsible amount of time towards pastoral care and counseling including preaching, teaching, visitation, administration and leadership development. The Lead Pastor should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to spiritual leaders, counseling periods and for regular communication with members of the church staff.
The Lead Pastor will be one of the spiritual leaders (servant leader) of First Baptist Church Prince Albert. This role includes preaching the Word of God, performing all the scriptural duties of the office as seen in Acts 20:28 and I Peter 5:2-3, and along with both pastoral and support staff have general oversight of the congregation. The Lead Pastor will oversee the ministries, so that the body is built up and equipped to do the work of Jesus Christ.
To be negotiated, consistent with CBWC guidelines
Closing Date: April 20th, 2018
First Baptist Church Prince Albert Website: www.fbcpa.net
Each individual submitting a resume for consideration must include:
- Completed Ministry Information Profile (Contact Dennis Stone at www.cbwc.ca or firstname.lastname@example.org on procedure)
- Cover letter including ministry experience, vision and grasp of ‘missional’ theology.
- Three professional references in the format of the attached Sample Reference Check Form. The reference letters should be mailed, or e-Mailed as per below information directly to First Baptist Church Prince Albert from the person supplying the reference. Please remind them to put your full name at the top of the letter.
- Two Sample Sermons on CD/DVD or online download.
Mail packet to:
First Baptist Church Prince Albert
Attention: Pastoral Search Committee
1351 28th Street East
Prince Albert, SK
or e-Mail: email@example.com
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4930 ]