Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Mark Masri. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 7th for 2 shows. Get your tickets before they are sold out.
Markham, Ontario , L3P 7P2
A busy medical office is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team!
The Administrative Assistant, under the direction of the Office Manager, will primarily be responsible for greeting patients, scheduling and confirming patient appointments / tests / follow-ups and managing schedules. Using strong communication skills, the Assistant will address patient and family requests and demonstrate care and patience when dealing with them. Effective problem solving-skills will enable the Assistant to adjust service and work priorities to meet all deliverables. Additional responsibilities may include third party billing and reception functions.
- Greet patients and ensure a clean, safe and comfortable environment by maintaining the patient rooms/treatment areas and waiting room.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments / tests / follow-ups and manage schedules.
- Present a positive and professional image of the office to all patients, visitors, suppliers and others.
- Maintain an accurate and confidential filing system and ensure filing is up to date.
- Prepare information requests, follow ups, reminders, file reviews, and other general correspondence as directed.
- Check and restock patient care supplies and identify supplies that need to be re-ordered.
- Prepare, edit, and proofread medical records, reports, case histories from machine dictation, shorthand and handwritten notes using computers.
- Operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Other duties and projects assigned.
- Minimum two years of office experience
- Proficiency in typing, use of computers and general office equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Must demonstrate compassion and have a high degree of patience.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and cross-cultural scenarios.
- Attention to detail as well as multi-tasking skills are needed.
- Ability to organize work, to set priorities and to take initiative.
- Office hours: 8-5pm, Full-time.
- Fast paced environment.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting patients.
- Lifting or moving up to 15lbs may be required.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to email their resumés in PDF format to:
ATTN: Office Manager of Medical Clinic ref #pcmedAA219
Please include the reference in the subject line of the email.
Please no direct phone calls, as it is a very busy medical office. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 5996 ]