Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Parkhill, Ontario , N0M 2K0
Date Posted: November 1st, 2018
Position: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 80-100 adults
Classification: Pastoral; Exempt; Full-Time Salary
Reports: Board of Elders
About Grace Bible Chapel (GBC):
GBC is a warm and caring, community-oriented, family-focused church, located in Parkhill, ON. As a church in a rural community about 45 mins northwest of London, ON and 20 mins north of Strathroy, ON, we understand the importance and value of ministering together to reach our community and to be a light in the North Middlesex region.
To shepherd, manage and lead Grace Bible Chapel in its mission to glorify God through lives transformed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ (the true foundation) by:
- Believing in Jesus
Belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God is a process that ultimately provides the biblical bedrock for your faith. Our desire is to reveal the nature of God and who He created you to be in order to strengthen your faith and surrender to His grace.
- Belonging to Family
Relationships play an essential role in your spiritual life and in your walk with God, and they’re rooted in belonging to a greater community. In fact, Jesus commanded us to love God and love one another. We all have a need to belong, and it’s through loving, helping and protecting one another that we have opportunity to live out these greatest of commandments.
- Becoming a Follower
To be Christ-like is to move away from a self-centered existence to a Christ-centered life of doing and loving as He does. But this transformation isn’t done on our own – it’s begun and completed through God’s generous grace and power. Through practical steps in God’s Word, the Holy Spirit, and relationship with God and others, our emphasis is to help you become more like Christ in your own personal spiritual growth and development.
- Building God’s Kingdom
Discover how God is calling you to give to others what the Lord has already given to you. Acting as his hands and feet by using your gifts and talents, you can help build the kingdom by the giving of yourself in making disciples and helping others move toward spiritual maturity. Our mission is to help you fulfill this calling and live out the fullest life in Christ imaginable.
- Proven leadership ability
- Successful experience in leading people with a minimum of five years full-time pastoral experience, as either a staff pastor or preferably as a senior pastor
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, problem solving and people skills
- Spirit filled, mature believer
- In good standing with current denomination
- Spiritual gifts should include: leadership, compassion, teaching, discernment and encouragement
- Sunday Services
- General leadership and oversight of the Sunday services, including ministry teams, children’s ministry, greeters, ushers, within all aspects of the weekend service
- Oversee our level of quality in everything done on the weekends including sermons/teaching, praise and worship, children/youth ministry, facility/technology areas, etc.
- Leading baptisms and times of communion on a regular basis
- Leadership & development of all volunteer & paid staff
- Building of all ministry teams necessary for quality ministry. Teams include, hospitality, technical, children’s ministry, student ministries, worship, facilities and others as needs dictate
- Mentor and disciple staff on a regular basis, including weekly staff prayer and staff meetings
- Recruit & train leaders for each ministry area
- Spiritual Growth
- Ensure that spiritual growth occurs among church attenders – e.g. through newcomer’s classes / gatherings, and a growing, dynamic small group ministry
- Spend time in prayer regularly
- Have regularly scheduled times of prayer with the staff
- Develop and implement a variety of outreach strategies that serve the community and result in first time guests to the church
- Encourage church-wide participation in missions, through prayer, giving, and participation in short-term missions and local outreach events
- Continue to develop local missional and outreach initiatives (Five-Fun Days, Kid’s Club, etc.)]
- Pastoral Care
- Pastoral care includes counseling, prayer, hospital visitation when needed, weddings, funerals, baby dedications, and any other opportunities to care for the needs of the people.
Applications may be submitted by email to email@example.com or by mailing a hard copy to:
Grace Bible Chapel
Attn: Pastor Search Committee
277 Parkhill Main Street
Parkhill, ON N0M 2K0
Please provide the following when submitting an application for review:
- Cover page (please send a Word document or PDF file only)
- Resume (please send a Word document or PDF file only)
- Please include an audio link to sample sermons or mail a hard copy audio CD
* Please note: incomplete applications will not be reviewed or processed. Please ensure your application is complete before submitting. If mailing an audio CD (in lieu of emailing a sermon sample) please make a note on your cover page.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6084 ]