Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Mark Masri. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 7th for 2 shows. Get your tickets before they are sold out.
Markham , Ontario , L3R 8N3
Your duties & responsibilities include
- Develop and implement a comprehensive approach to youth ministry.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry including but not limited to music and worship ministries.
- Be an advocate for youth and young adults and educate the parents/congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church to foster better understanding of the youth and their needs/challenges.
- Share these changes with the parents to assist them in better understanding their youth and the culture they live in.
- Mentor youth and young adults in developing their leadership skills.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth ministries.
- Coordinate curriculum for youth and Sunday school.
- Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all ministry settings.
- Other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- You Adhere to theology and values in harmony with TCCC’s mission and vision as well as statements of belief included in the TCCC’s constitution and the code of conduct of the Wesleyan Methodist Church
- Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ
- A relational and pastoral heart.
- A Professional Certification in Youth Ministry or 3 plus years of experience in the area of youth ministry is preferred.
- Must have a vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a student and family ministry within the parameters of the church.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills and computer skills.
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively with youth, young adults, parents, diverse individuals, and team of volunteers.
- Spoken Tamil would be an asset.
This Full Time position reports to our Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Board of Administration (along with the Senior Pastor) provides an annual assessment of the Youth Pastor’s ministry work, based on an agreed Ministry Action Plan.
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Youth Pastor Application” with the following attachments before November 30, 2019:
- Your resumé
- A statement, no longer than one page, on your philosophy of youth ministry.
- A link to your preaching (preferably video, but audio is acceptable if no video is available)
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 7460 ]