Donor and Event Specialist
Donor and Event Specialist
Burlington, Ontario , L7R 4W1
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Crossroads Prison Ministries Canada exists to connect prisoners with volunteers in Christ-centered, mentoring relationships through mail-based correspondence so that lives, prisons and churches all around the world can be transformed through the power of the Gospel.
This position is a thirty (30) hour workweek.
The Donor and Event Specialist is responsible for the building and strengthening of relationships with the community as well as with potential new and former donors. The specialist must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and interacting effectively and diplomatically with the community, vendors and donors.
To ensure that all fundraising and donor related matters are carried out with the highest level of professionalism and integrity to advance the ministry work of Crossroads Prison Ministries Canada.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the President, the Donor and Event Specialist is responsible for the community fundraising events and building donor relations. Working from the Crossroads office in Burlington, the Donor and Event Specialist’s responsibilities include:
Fundraising Events and Initiatives
- Establishing project plans, communication plans, and budget to recommend to President.
- Ensuring fundraising targets are met each fiscal year based on agreed budget.
- Researching new ideas/initiatives and developing new marketing opportunities.
- Creating, planning and organizing fundraising activities.
- Researching, analyzing and providing recommendations for events.
- Developing and creating sponsorship and marketing material.
- Booking facilities and services.
- Ensuring contracts are signed and monitoring outcomes.
- Reporting on and regularly communicating to President on fundraising activities, particularly to identify any concerns or potential for not meeting fundraising goals.
Mentor and Other Conferences
- Researching, analyzing and providing recommendations for conference venues and schedules.
- Coordinating and marketing of conference program.
- Acting as point-person for contact and communication with mentors and supporters.
- Drafting conference brochure.
- Post conference thank you letters to mentors and supporters.
- Analyzing all conference evaluations and reporting trends and issues.
- Engaging members and analyzing mentor needs, ensuring mentor feedback process.
Cultivating and Support
- Developing specific initiatives designed for building community, donor acquisition and donor cultivation in order to grow the donor support capacity.
- Ongoing research into the interests, capacity, partnership and donation history from the community and donors of Crossroads Canada.
- Relationship building with current and potential donors and supporters through phone calls, meetings and visitations.
- Consistently promoting and reinforcing the vision and branding of Crossroads Canada.
- Accurately and consistently recording and maintaining all event and donor information in Crossroads Canada’s database.
- Promptly responding to donor and mentor donations and inquiries.
- Keeping detailed reports on events and initiative expenses and submitting regularly for approval to the President.
- Ensuring that all communication materials are consistent and aligned with the vision of Crossroads Canada.
- Creating monthly newsletters, including “Meet one of our students”.
- Building connections with churches through mail correspondence.
- Keep website and Facebook page up to date and current.
Support to Board of Directors
- Preparing detailed monthly reports for the Board of Directors as requested by the President.
- Planning and organizing Board meetings.
- Adheres to the organizational policies and procedures of Crossroads Canada.
- Maintains documentation and records in accordance with established procedures.
- Completes monthly service statistics.
- Participates in staff and service meetings as required.
- Participates in relevant in-service training/conferences/seminars and workshops for the purpose of professional development within service plan goals and financial limits.
- Participates in the setting and implementation of organizational and individual goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- A follower of Jesus Christ who has a passion to help prisoners grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A person who wholeheartedly subscribes to Crossroads Canada’s vision, values and goals.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and Canadian prisons.
- A person who is culturally, economically and environmentally sensitive.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes
- Advanced organizational and time management skills with ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Able to prioritize, work on multiple projects and meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner in a busy environment.
- Excellent donor and customer service and interpersonal skills: experience interacting with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Strong team member with proven ability to work collaboratively with management and staff, and others inside and outside of the organization.
- Highly self-motivated and responsible, with the ability to work independently.
- Good at problem definition and recommending/implementing practical solutions.
- Strong verbal, telephone and written communication skills in English.
- Pay great attention to detail.
- Good organization, research and planning skills.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Formal knowledge and proven ability to market programs, run events, work with volunteers and donors.
- Experience in developing conferences and events.
- Proficient in database management, use of Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Good communication and customer service skills, both oral and written, in English.
- Ability to work from Crossroads Canada’s Burlington office.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 4172 ]