Toronto , Ontario , M5T 1X6
This job is for a reliable, self starter and involves a combination of cleaning, grounds maintenance and event management. Due to the varying times of the events at St. George you may be required to work various shifts.
- Perform cleaning of the facility, including: sanctuary, washrooms, office areas, meeting rooms, kitchen and maintenance areas
- Ensure facilities are fully set up for meetings and other activities according to instructions including furniture set up, delivering and clearing refreshments as required
- Setup, takedown and ensuring all AV equipment functions properly during events.
- Maintain church grounds including garbage pick-up, mowing lawn, clearing sidewalks and salting
- Other duties as required
- Willing to work weekends and flexible shifts.
- Personal maturity and a willingness to serve.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Previous janitorial and maintenance experience an asset.
- Experience operating various forms of AV equipment.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
- Fluent in English language – ability to speak, read and comprehend.
- Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Willing to submit to Police background check.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of St. George.
Currently this position pays $14.30 - $15.00 per hour, plus statutory benefits. This position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Reply in confidence to:
St. George the Martyr
197 John Street, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1X6
or at email@example.com
Please put "Custodian" in the subject line of your email.
No telephone inquiries, please. We thank all applicants however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 4359 ]