Kids Club Teacher
Kids Club Teacher
Toronto, Ontario , M5R 1E8
MAJOR GOAL: To help provide a Christ-centred program for children to learn the stories of the Bible and the Christian faith while developing positive relationships with each other and designated leaders & helpers.
- Weekly prepare and implement a 1 hour program for children during the adult portion of the worship service on Sunday mornings. Curriculum and supplies will be provided as needed by the church
- Regularly connect with other Kids Club teachers, the Lead Pastor, and/or Abuse Prevention coordinator to talk through programming needs & plans, concerns, etc.
- Be familiar with all aspects of our Abuse Prevention plan and ensure compliance within your classroom. This includes annual training as coordinated by the Abuse Prevention coordinator.
- On Sundays, arrive in the designated Kids Club room sufficiently early to set-up for the morning’s program prior to the beginning of the worship service.
- Participate in the worship service beginning at 10:00 a.m. until the children are invited to leave for Kids Club. During this time, keep an eye out for visiting children, introduce yourself to parents/guardians, and invite their children to participate in Kids Club.
- At the appropriate time, help usher children out of the worship service and to their designated Kids Club room. Pay special attention to children who are visiting or who seem nervous or unsure.
- At the end of Kids Club, ensure children up to and including grade 3 are signed out by the designated parent/guardian or their designate and, with the help of the Kids Club helper(s), clean up the room.
- Supervise Kids Club helper(s), ensuring Abuse Prevention compliance and quality child care.
TIME & PLACE:
- Sundays from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. at Walmer Road Baptist Church (188 Lowther Ave., Toronto, ON., M5R 1E8)
- Additionally, up to 3 more hours during the week as needed to prepare for Sunday’s program.
- September 10, 2017 to June 24, 2018 (excluding December 31st)
- Arrangements for time off must be approved by the Lead Pastor and requests must be made at least 1 month prior.
- In the event of illness, as much notice as possible must be given to the Lead Pastor. Efforts should be made by the Kids Club Teacher to equip others to fill in as necessary.
SUPERVISION: Lead Pastor.
REMUNERATION: $15 per hour for a maximum of 6 hours of work per week.
On occasion, the church may request additional child care provision such as during a congregational meeting. Should you provide child care on these occasions, you will be paid an hourly rate of $15.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 4369 ]