Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Pastor for Youth and Family Life
Pastor for Youth and Family Life
Stoney Creek, Ontario , L8E5H6
Winona Gospel Church [WGC] has begun the search for a full time Pastor of Youth and Family Life.
Who We Are:
- We are committed to obeying the the Great Commission by “Helping People Meet Jesus and Follow Him.”
- We are in alignment with the gospel goals of such movements as “Together 4 the Gospel.” and "Grace to You."
- We are, theologically speaking, committed to the Doctrines of Grace, Gender Complementarity, Substitutionary Atonement and the Inerrancy of the Scripture.
- We are a church of approximately 150+ adults and 50+ children, in an area experiencing major numerical growth.
- We are a church comprised of all ages, with all hands on deck for the spread and proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We Love God’s Word, we love God’s people and we love God’s Gospel.
- We are committed to evangelism and outreach locally and globally and are committed to the discipling of God’s people into the image of Christ. Who we are centres around these two pursuits.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for a man who loves the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We are looking for a man with an unmistakeable calling to leadership in a local church setting.
- We are looking for a man with the character traits called for by Scripture [Matt. 20:25-28; Acts 20:28-31; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; Hebrews 13:7,17; 1 Peter 5:1-5].
- We are looking for a man who understands the gravity, importance and joy of the pastoral role.
- We are looking for a man who takes seriously his responsibility to shepherd, guide and protect the worship of our glorious Saviour in the ministries they oversee.
- We are looking for a man who loves the Scriptures, studies them diligently and teaches them with all seriousness and accuracy.
- We are looking for a man who is committed to prayer.
- We are looking for a man who aligns with the Associated Gospel Church’s [AGC] statement of faith.
- We are looking for a man who aligns with the AGC’s distinctives of gender complementarity and interpreting the Scriptures with a literal hermeneutic.
What aren’t we looking for?
We are not looking for someone with grand visions of changing a local church to align with THEIR vision. We believe that God gifts faithful local churches with the people and gifts necessary to fulfill the Great Commission. We are looking for a pastor who is able to identify the way God has gifted THIS particular local church to accomplish His will for our city, and in response, develop the gifts and talents already present.
- Must be a maturing Christian.
- Must be able to proclaim the message of the Gospel clearly and articulately.
- Must be willing to be credentialed by the Associated Gospel Church of Canada.
- Must have at least an undergraduate degree, or must be pursuing a Masters degree in Biblical, theological or Christian ministry training from an accredited university/college.
- Must be able to work in and with a team.
- Must love the people he leads.
- Must treat those in his care with respect, concern and warmth.
- Must be unwavering in theological conviction and yet be winsome and gracious in the teaching and protection of those convictions.
- Must be approachable.
- Must be a man of character. This is exceedingly important.
- Provide oversight and leadership over the family ministries (including Sunday morning children’s program. At this time we are blessed with plenty of high quality, high capacity volunteer leaders. They would report to you and you would provide oversight. Should there come a time when we have less volunteer leaders, the family ministry pastor will recruit and develop more.)
- Lead the Youth Ministries. The family pastor will be directly involved in the training, discipling and evangelization of young people.
- Lead and oversee the eight week Kid Quest Camp outreach in the summer months. (More information about this will be given to applicants we pursue.)
- We will assess the gifts, passions and desires of the youth and family life pastor and make every effort to allow and encourage leadership in other areas should there be other avenues they would like to pursue at WGC.
- Depending on skill, talent and enthusiasm, occasional preaching opportunities will be afforded.
3 weeks per year. These 3 weeks must be taken. We value your rest and recreation.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and education. We will discuss salary with those we pursue.
If you sense the LORD’s direction to pursue this role please email a short bio, and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact those applicants we wish to pursue further.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6092 ]