Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Mark Masri. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 7th for 2 shows. Get your tickets before they are sold out.
Volunteer Program Coordinator
Volunteer Program Coordinator
Burlington , Ontario , L7M 1A9
World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America, is currently seeking a Volunteer Program Coordinator.
This candidate will be responsible for strengthening and coordinating the International Relief Manager (IRM) program resulting in a group of highly trained and motivated volunteer managers who are able to provide management of disaster interventions on short notice. To recruit and support Christian Reformed Church (CRC) and volunteer groups involved in the Canadian Foodgrains Bank (CFGB) growing projects.
This position is part-time (20-25 hours per week), and is based out of our Burlington, Ontario office.
- International Relief Manager (IRM) Program
- Coordinating the IRM program to ensure the availability and training of IRMs and recruits. Strengthen and improve the IRM program as needed based upon feedback and evaluations, with accompanying annual work plans and budgets
- Improving and developing operational policies and procedures that enhances the professional management of the IRM program in order to improve the overall quality and effectiveness of disaster response programming
- Coordinating the planning and organizing of IRM recruitment and the orientation of new IRMs, in collaboration with World Renew’s International Disaster Response, Global Volunteer Program and other staff. Training and preparing IRMs for field service, ensuring the IRM learning modules are updated and revised as needed
- Maintaining and continually improving the feedback and evaluation of IRMs, and maintaining IRM morale
- Planning, coordinating and organizing budgets, logistics and content for an IRM conference to provide encouragement, team building and training. Tasks also include arranging IRM orientation, speaking engagements, presentations and communications e.g. newsletters, blogs
- Canadian Foodgrains Bank (CFGB)
- Supporting efforts for increased contributions to the World Renew/CFGB equity account with volunteers in local communities
- Coordinating events with provincial coordinators (particularly in Ontario and Alberta, Canada),
- Participating in CFGB Public Engagement Working Group conference calls
- Work collaboratively with World Renew’s CORE team, to ensure IDR themes and priorities are communicated to the constituents in a focused and deliberate manner
- Work closely with CORE for CFGB-related communications (Fall newsletter, CFGB Sunday, Growing Projects) and IDR content in the annual World Renew Gift Catalog
- Speaking to groups and congregations about the work and results of World Renew’s IDR projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and promote a work environment that values diversity, inclusion and equity
- Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
- Strong human resource or volunteer management skills - including recruitment, screening, selection, training and placement of volunteers or staff
- Effective human relation skills - encourage collaborative teamwork, empower others, and build positive networks of support
- Task oriented skills - demonstrate autonomy, initiative, creativity, resilience, the ability to make sound decisions independently, to be flexible and adaptable, influence change, and to act with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization skills – demonstrate self-starting, planning and implementation skills, as well as an ability to successfully multitask and prioritize
- Critical thinking skills – ability to analyze a situation to determine needs, brainstorm possibilities and/or create opportunities, problem solve and/or generate solutions, develop recommendations or make decisions and judgments about operational policies and procedures, research relevant information to determine current best practice
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Advanced competence in Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Persuasion, planning, reporting and analysis skills
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal audience
- Experience working in multifaceted organizational structures, managing personnel, projects and organizing events
- Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement, committed to Christ with a compassionate heart and a servant attitude
- Familiarity with the CRC is an asset
More information about this position, and the link to apply, can be found on our website.
Candidates interested in applying should do so on or before November 18, 2019.
Posted Under: International/Missions
Career ID: [ 7464 ]