Save the date for The Global Leadership Summit! This is a two-day event of high-impact, transformational talks being hosted right here at Tyndale University! #GLS23 is happening on August 3-4, 2023, and we want YOU to be there! Contact us for more information and ways to register.
Leadership Development Program
Leadership Development Program
Atlanta, Outside Canada/International , 30349
All interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an information session before submitting an application. Please sign up for an Information Session here:
For more information about the Leadership Development Program please visit our webpage here: Leadership Development Program
The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a 24- to 36-month developmental program available to individuals who are interested in growing their business acumen and restaurant leadership skills in their pursuit of future leadership opportunities with Chick-fil-A or other businesses. LDP’s vision is to be the premier global leadership development experience. To develop the business acumen and restaurant leadership skills, LDP Participants are expected to spend time in two different positions: Grand Opening Supervisor and Interim Manager.
As Grand Opening Supervisor, an LDP Participant’s main duties will be to recruit and manage a team of grand opening Trainers for each grand opening of a new Chick-fil-A brand restaurant, oversee training by the Trainers on brand standards and operational functions affecting brand standards, and consult during the new restaurant opening with the independent franchised Operator of the independently owned and operated restaurant business.
As Interim Manager, an LDP Participant’s main duties will be to manage all operations and Team Members at their assigned Chick-fil-A, Inc.-Operated Restaurant. LDP Participants may work at different Chick-fil-A, Inc.-Operated Restaurants during their time in the Interim Manager position.
Further details on the job responsibilities of the Grand Opening Supervisor and Interim Manager positions are discussed below.
Additionally, LDP Participants may work in the Mobile Kitchen Lead position and/or in various temporary business positions at the Support Center when a need is identified for an LDP participant to lead a staff project. Additional information about these potential additional positions will be made available as needed to successful applicants to LDP.
Job Responsibilities & Activities
Grand Opening Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Recruit, select and schedule Grand Opening Trainers employed by Chick-fil-A, Inc. and ensure that all onboarding documents are complete and in compliance with applicable law(s)
- Supervise Grand Opening Trainers, including performance management, and ensure they understand and train Operator’s and restaurant leaders to Chick-fil-A brand standards and operational functions affecting brand standards
- Oversee and manage Grand Opening budget, including labor, travel, meals and entertainment
- Support Grand Opening process by consulting with the Operator on planning strategy and execution of the Operator’s vision for their individual business and Create Raving Fans Strategy
- Consult with the Operator on brand standards and operational issues affecting brand standards, such as their business plans, sales generation, vendor strategy, and maximizing their restaurant layout
- Partner with Grand Opening Marketing Team to execute and provide operational support for all PR and Marketing activations
- Consult with Operators regarding systems to ensure food safety, such as LEAN Chicken. Complete SAFE Daily Critical and eRQA daily, evaluate results and advise on corrective measures as appropriate
- Forecast sales and consult with Operators on inventory levels
- Consult with Operators regarding optional resources and tools available to ensure consistency with brand standards, including Pathway
- Provide consultation on Operators’ set up of Restaurant with necessary equipment, smallwares, and office items to ensure food safety, food quality and quick service
- Support and advise Operators on back-office systems
- Create an exit strategy for the Grand Opening support team to ensure minimal impact to brand standards and guest experience once departed
Interim Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage all operations and Team Members at their assigned Chick-fil-A, Inc.-Operated Restaurant
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and supervise Team Members, including, but not limited to, completing new hire and payroll paperwork, labor scheduling, completing payroll biweekly, and performance management
- Develop and implement plan for training Team Members to Pathway standards
- Conduct Team Member performance reviews and create performance management plans
- Create role clarity and clear communication amongst the team
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure compliance with all employment laws
- Assess and analyze current state of the Restaurant business in terms of people, quality and customer service, sales and brand growth, and financial return. Develop a 30/60/90-day business plan
- Analyze Customer Engagement Monitor survey results and create strategy for enhancing survey results, including coaching and solving for opportunities
- Evaluate Restaurant vendor performance and make any necessary changes in vendor relationship
- Ensure inventory levels are appropriate for specific Restaurant needs
- Implement and oversee inventory and ordering process, and train Team Member(s) on the relevant process(es)
- Identify and solve bottlenecks in the business, including innovating ways to maximize throughput
- Analyze data, including End of Month package, to make optimal business decisions for the purpose of maximizing Restaurant’s financial return
- Protect the Chick-fil-A brand by ensuring food safety and quality, and executing on the Create Raving Fans Strategy
- Create systems within the Restaurant to ensure food safety, such as LEAN Chicken.
- Ensure consistency with all Chick-fil-A procedures and brand standards. Complete SAFE Daily Critical and eRQA daily, evaluate results and apply corrective measures, as appropriate
- Ensure Restaurant Leaders are ServSafe Certified
- Assess and ensure Restaurant has necessary equipment, smallwares, and office items for food safety, food quality and quick service
- Ensure Restaurant facilities and equipment are well maintained and in working condition
- Assess Restaurant cleanliness and create sustainable systems to maintain cleanliness.
- Ensure Restaurant readiness and smooth transition of Restaurant to incoming Operator
Responsibilities for other positions LDP Participants may hold:
Information about the responsibilities of other positions, including but not limited to the Mobile Kitchen Lead role, staff projects, and other assignments based on the needs of the business will be made available as needed to LDP Participants.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of leadership experience
Education Details: All Majors/Concentrations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Keen business judgement and sound decision-making skills
- Experience working with and leading teams
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to provide clear and consistent feedback
- Ability to manage conflict in a respectful and timely manner
- Promptly takes responsibility and action as needed
- Listens effectively; seeks to understand
- Curious about the needs of those around them
- Quickly establishes rapport and inspires others
- Communicates clearly and concisely
- Ability to work in a fast-paced restaurant environment
- Willing to travel 100 percent of the time
- Availability to work on weekends
- Travel Requirements: 100%
Chick-fil-A, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on a nondiscriminatory basis. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All applications to the role must be submitted through our website. Please apply
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 11128 ]