Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Technical Support Officer
Technical Support Officer
Scarborough, Ontario, Outside Canada/International , M1V 4Y1
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church (SCBC) is a trilingual (English, Cantonese and Mandarin) multigenerational church with about 1,800 members. We are strategically located in Scarborough, Greater Toronto Area, which is one of the most dynamic and multicultural areas in North America. We strive to serve the local community and beyond seeking to be a blessing to all peoples. Please visit our website
The purpose of the Technical Support Officer is to enhance our ministries through the effective application of computer hardware and software systems, and management of the data network. This position works closely with ministry leaders, AV and Infrastructure specialist, administration team, and reports directly to the Administration Manager.
SCBC seeks a Technical Support Officer to oversee the acquisition, development and support of various software and IT related systems, and the network infrastructure. SCBC has numerous hardware/software systems that include our website, Internet access and firewall, financial system, room booking system, children sign-in/out system, membership system; all require maintenance, upgrades and/or replacement. You will be responsible for auditing our existing systems ensuring that they meet our user and security requirements. You will work with various ministries to identify their needs, collaborate with AV & Infrastructure Specialist to determine the best software/hardware solution and its implementation.
- Manage and oversee SCBC application systems, software and user licenses, maintain software upgrades and enhancements, ensuring all systems are fully operational.
- Audit and document system specifications, system configurations, security and user permission settings.
- Manage website integration, design and development, maintenance and upgrades, and provide scheduled content update.
- Ensure the network infrastructure functions at 99.9% up-time. To develop a contingency plan to fall back on should any part of the infrastructure fails, and test periodically.
- Manage network security. Implement and monitor security systems and firewall to protect our digital infrastructure from outside hackers and malware or viruses.
- Safeguard the network/Internet access from inappropriate use.
- Manage system access policies for staff members, users and volunteers.
- Conduct scheduled audits of digital infrastructure. Report on the status of the various systems within our digital infrastructure and to provide recommendations for upkeep, upgrade or replacement.
- Coordinate with pastors and ministry leaders to ensure latest ministry information are updated on all media source including but not exclusive to SCBC websites, Fellowship Hall projections and Digital Display Sign.
- Edit audio and video recordings from Sunday Service, Sunday school and special events for uploading to SCBC websites.
- Assist in creating PowerPoint presentations for Sunday service, special events, and any church wide events.
- Work with various ministries to identify user needs; collaborate with IT /computer team to provide a solution and implementation plan.
- Recruit and coach volunteers to assist in the development and maintenance of various application systems.
- Manage and execute end user/volunteers training. Prepare training documents and schedule training sessions for staff and users.
- Support pastorals, staffs, ministry leaders and volunteers for IT related training, troubleshooting.
- Support for digital church requirement, like live stream for Sunday service, some special events, video conference.
- IT related equipment management and maintain, include but not limit to computers, monitors, printers, routers, switchers, cameras, speakers, microphones, projectors, wifi access points, iPads, tablets
- Schedule reports to manager, pastorals and ministry leaders to help them to understand the current state of the church
- Any other computer, software application and technical support tasks assigned by Administration Manager
- Excellent communicate skills in English and Chinese (both oral and written form)
- Strong team player and interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills.
- An undergraduate degree or any combination of education and training equivalent to a degree in computer science, information engineering or other related areas.
- Excellent understanding of Internet technologies, web development and integration, business IT systems, E-mail systems, operating systems, database systems, office applications, social media and media delivery systems, and network infrastructure.
- Proficient in wired and wifi network structure design, router and switch configuration, connectivity.
- Experience on Youtube live stream, video publish, OBS, Zoom
- Experience on audio/video editing, AV system operation.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and provide cost effective solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware and network problems.
- Spiritually mature believer in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ with a passion for the local church and the wider kingdom of God.
- Minimum 3 years experience in IT support background. AV background an asset.
- A Bachelor Degree of computer science, information engineering or other related areas.
- Proficient in English (written and orally). Spoken Cantonese/Mandarin an asset.
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing how you meet the job requirements as soon as possible to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote “TECHNICAL SUPPORT OFFICER” in the subject line of your correspondence.
As pastors of SCBC need to have frequent contacts with the congregants and others in the community, all applicants must declare their COVID vaccination status in their application cover letters—whether they have been fully or partially vaccinated. If offered conditional employment with SCBC, all candidates must provide proof of their COVID full vaccination before the employment start date. If candidates request COVID vaccination accommodation based on medical or other valid reasons, such requests will be considered by the Search Committee.
SCBC is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted by a Pastoral Search Committee member in relation to an employment opportunity, please make your accommodation request, if necessary, at that time. We will take accommodation measures to provide you with a barrier-free selection process. All accommodation requests will be treated confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, accommodation will be provided for persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 11927 ]